login.php?sid=6c032d893ed27f4783d795c1540229a2 profile.php?mode=register&sid=6c032d893ed27f4783d795c1540229a2 faq.php?sid=6c032d893ed27f4783d795c1540229a2 memberlist.php?sid=6c032d893ed27f4783d795c1540229a2 search.php?sid=6c032d893ed27f4783d795c1540229a2 index.php?sid=6c032d893ed27f4783d795c1540229a2

malasay.com Forum Index » Harari Sports & Cultural Show » HSCF Vs. UWH, or HSCF and UWH for good of Harari interest Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  View previous topic :: View next topic 
HSCF Vs. UWH, or HSCF and UWH for good of Harari interest
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:35 pm Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

I was dismayed to read the letter sent out by HSCF. This year might prove to be another divisive year. I appeal to HSCF to withdraw the letter they sent, and negotiate in earnest with UWH and attend the meeting in March to find a permanent solution to what is becoming a July fiasco. The course that the HSCF executive committee is heading in seems like sheer madness.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:24 am Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

?If Washington or any other Harari community comes up with acceptable and capable group of young Hararis to run the federation according to the articles of its incorporation, we will be glad to pass the torch at the end of the Washington event.?
HSCF ? Executive Committee
http://www.hararifederation.com

There are two problems in the above statement. For one it is subjective as to what exactly constitutes ?acceptable and capable group of young Hararis.? Who determines which group is ?acceptable? or not? What is acceptable to some might not be acceptable to others. The same goes as to who is ?capable.? How will this be judged, and by whom?

Herein lies the whole problem with the Federation. It is subjected to the whims of few individuals, who happened to be bercha jama. I don?t say this as an insult, but rather as a reflection of reality as it exists. Had the executive committee members been from diverse background, and not consisted of only a group of people in one jama, perhaps their judgments would have been more fair and conducive to unity of Hararis in Northern America. Such group of people would have avoided the type of mistake that was made last year, and would have avoided the one being made this year.

The way to solve the problem of succession is not by anointing group of people that the executive committee thinks are ?acceptable and capable group of young Hararis,? but rather by having a well-written procedure for transfer of responsibilities in its by-laws. Don?t we live in democratic countries, and see how democratic systems work? Why are we feigning ignorance?

Let?s assume a precedence/example is set by transferring the executive committee?s authority by anointing a group of people. How would the next transfer of leadership/responsibility take place? Will the group that is appointed by the existing executive committee remain in charge until such time that they find someone that they think is ?acceptable and capable?? Excuse me for saying this, but this is crazy. I say again? don?t we live in democratic countries, and see how democratic systems work? Why are we feigning ignorance?

I also read in the federation?s website (http://www.hararifederation.com), which has a section in the front page titled ?unbiased point of views.? It includes two letters addressed in support of the Federation. The first one is by ?Harari Musicians and Artists,? while the later one is by the ?Dallas Harari Community.?

This also shows the other major problem with the existing executive committee members of HSCF. Their mentalities of ?you are with us or against us? are glaring. Just because the two letters support their stand, they are labeled ?unbiased point of views,? while that of HCO, UWH, and others with different views are supposed to be ?biased??

With all due respects, the fact that ?Harari Musicians and Artists? gave their support to HSCF means nothing. For one we don?t know how much they are aware of the conflict that has been going on and the real reasons behind it. Also, they are just Harari individuals and the fact they support this or that should have no bearing in this matter.

As far as HCDC or ?Dallas Harari Community? is concerned, I agree with some of their statement and disagree with others. HCDC claims that they have ?made a call to all Hararis to come together to discuss the issues thoroughly in a lucid manner. The HCDC in Dallas still stands on the call we made earlier and ask all, especially the Washington group, to work with the Federation.?

I agree 100% with the above statement, and that is why I support UWH?s call for ?all the leaders of all Afochas in different parts of this land to come together and find a final solution to the problem that is affecting all Harari communities.?

The letter sent by UWH further states ?As we have made it clear in our message sent to HSCF, the conference will be open to all issues that can be raised from the attendees. We have no interest in controlling the agenda or the final outcome of the meeting except to serve the best interest and maintain the well being of the Harari community.?

What better way to solve the existing problem than by direct face-to-face communication among all parties concerned? UWH?s goal is no different than the one stated by the Dallas Harari Community. I hope they reconsider their stand, and join the other afochas in Northern America and participate in this vital discussion in Washington, DC.

As to HCDC?s claim that ?The HSCF is the sole organizer for these events,? I would like to emphatically disagree with that point of view. The organizers of these events are both the HSCF and the Afochas or local communities. They are both equally important. Do you think HSCF would have been able to organize the Dallas event in 2002 without HCDC?s involvement? I don?t think so.

The other disturbing aspect of the Federation?s Executive committee members is their reduction of the entire problem into a personal vendetta issue. On their website they state ?some individuals who chose to dismantle the organization by distorting the intent and practicality of our organizational structure. Although their effort to form another federation was soundly rejected by all Hararis, these individuals are working hard to create rifts between the federation and the different afochas in North America.?

All I can say is that the above statements boarder in line with paranoia. Let?s be frank here, they are talking about br. Zaki Sherif. Last year they sent a special letter accusing him of this and that, including the fact that he played soccer with other Ethiopians. So what?

Dear brothers in the Executive committee, I respect you and love you as my fellow Hararis, but please do not insult our intelligence.

Was it Zaki Sherif that told you to cancel the event from Toronto unjustly?
Was it Zaki Sherif that told you to change the by-laws without following proper channel?
Was it Zaki Sherif who asked you to appoint representatives for the afochas?

No, it was your own doings. And it is high time you start accepting responsibility for your own shortcomings, and stop blaming others. Isn?t it time you grow up?

The root of the problem lies in the way HSCF?s executive committee changed the by-laws. For further discussion you can visit the malasay forum at http://www.malasay.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=15 and click on the ?by-laws.? Among the most contentious point is the fact that HSCF assumed the right to appoint representatives for the afochas, as opposed to the afochas sending their own representatives.

And that was one of the main causes of the problems last year in Toronto, and that is also big part of the problem this year. The only reason why Harari Community of Dallas is not having problem with the status quo is since they have representatives that they can work with. I know for sure there are some Hararis they will not work with no matter what. How would they feel if HSCF appoints those people to be their representatives?

?O ye who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both?? Qur?an 4:135

The mentalities of let?s support the HSCF no matters what they do since they are the founders belong to era of African dictatorships. The American Revolution against the British Empire was waged to seek a fair representation. ?No taxation without representation,? wasn?t that what it was about? HCO was seeking nothing more than a fair representation neither is UWH.

The only thing I will say to all Harari communities and individuals is that you need to keep vigilant when it comes to the matter of our unity. When we judge who is right or who is wrong in any matter we should consider only the facts, and judge with justice. We should disregard favoring this or that group or person based on family relations or friendship.

Our community is small, and there are many other pressing issues that we need to address as a people. We cannot afford a never-ending squabble. I appeal to each one of you to carefully examine this issue, and to make your own decisions. It is easy to say I don?t want any dispute, and I don?t want to hear this or that side and bury our heads in the sand. But that is not a solution. In fact that is contributing to the dispute.

Please let?s keep the following Qur?anic verses in mind:

?If two parties among the Believers fall into a quarrel, make ye peace between them: but if one of them transgresses beyond bounds against the other then fight ye (all) against the one that transgresses ?? Qur?an 49:9

We should all try to make peace between all parties as proposed by UWH, but if all fails we should all side with the one who is in the right. If we follow this formula, insha?Allah this dispute will be over this year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:05 am Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

Murti wrote:
I really sympathise with your concern for Harari unity.But as we all know by now it is fruitless to deal with HSCF and it's executives who don't seem to learn from their numerous past mistakes and their only objective is to stay in power no mater what and at any cost. The execuses they give are all lies and don't hold water. There is an amharic adages that fully depict their character . In short " Tatbow chikka"

You know what? i have to agree with you. I hoped against all hopes that the executive committee of the HSCF will wise up and change the misguided path they have chosen. But I think the time has come to say no more of this non-sense.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:26 pm Reply with quote
ahaa
Site Admin

GOOD NEWS PLEASE VISIT

http://ca.geocities.com/aadus@rogers.com/goodnews.htm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:35 pm Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

harari wrote:
as we know that hscf is hosting the 2005 Event in washington. if we need to see the unity Let's all work with the federation to make the Event a happy and jouyful. may allah for give us all.

No doubt everyone wants unity, but the question is at what price? Please read the by-law section and see what the root cause of the problem is, then one can discuss solutions to this. But to follow any leadership blindly will have serious consequences to our people in the long term.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:49 am Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

Anonymous wrote:
My brother malasay have you read the letter sent to HSCF on January16 by UWH I quote (Our joint meeting with your task force basically revolved around finding ways to work together. We have suggested for your task force to work with our Board and the various committees that have already been setup on our part. They have also suggested an alternative to break up the present Board we have already established and setup a new task force with equal representation for your task force and the united Afochas? of DC. And we have categorically rejected that idea. And since we feel your input in their decision is critical, we hope you will prevail and inform them to change their decision) do you think this is the solution or working for the unity. May ALLHllh FORGIVE AS ALL.

No, i have not seen the letter and i would love to see the entire letter if possible. But this goes back to the issue of representation and election of board of directors. I'm against giving the executive committee a dictatorial position in this regard.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:24 pm Reply with quote
ahaa
Site Admin

what is wrong with this letter. do u have any letter form hscf that oppose this letter or any letter that we can be conviced they are calling for unity? present it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:34 pm Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

Anonymous wrote:
Hi Br. Malasay I think you read the intair lettir which I post the part of it,if you didn?t read the lettir her is it but please I would like to write your opinuin as you did on (Hack)letter. January 16th, 2005

Salaam Br. Guest,

I am assuming you mean the opinion i wrote on Jan. 13th?

Well, my opinion on this letter is clear. I don't see anything wrong with it. I honestly believe UWH's demand is fair and just. I can see the pain that they are going through to emphasize unity, and they are bending backwards to accommodate the Federation.

If you compare UWH's statement with that of the HSCF from their website, HSCF sounds as if they are in a war footings and act as if they are dealing with their enemies. They have forgotten that they are dealing with their fellow Harari brothers and sisters.

Please do compare the pain that UWH goes through to maintain the unity of the Hararai people, and to seek solution for this mess. If HSCF put half the effort as UWH, i think there could be a solution.

UWH moved their meeting from March to June to accommodate HSCF. From my understanding HSCF has not responded positively so far.

As far as the task force appointed by the Federation is concerned, why can't HSCF find people that are acceptable to UWH? All three afochas/groups in DC came together and are working as one. Why can't HSCF find members of the community that can work with both the HSCF and UWH? This problem is exactly similar to the one that happened in Toronto last year, and why is it being repeated again by HSCF? It seems as if some people are not learning from their mistakes.

When the event was held in Dallas, I don't recall HSCF appointing task force. I guess it all depends on whether they like you or not?
Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:34 pm Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

Anonymous wrote:
HI br. Malasay I never expect from you these tape of reply, I used to love reading your column but not this time, don?t be offended it look?s like you are pro (UWH) but you shouldn?t be as sit provider you shouldn?t have taking a side. At first I thought you are pro unity it seam not it look?s that I west my time for nothing. Any way thank you for your time, and Allah forgive us all?

Dear br. Guest:

Greetings. I really do believe that the representatives chosen by HSCF should also be able to work with the community that is hosting the event. I see that as a logical thing. Please let's discuss that point. It has nothing to do with being pro this or anti that.

Also, I am not offended for whatever you believe since that is your right. I respect your right to agree or disagree with what I say, and i reserve the same rights to disagree with you in some issues.

w/peace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:28 pm Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

Anonymous wrote:
HI br. malasay how come you didn?t comment on these two incredible letters I hope I hear form you soon. Thank you and Allah for gives us all.

br. guest...

salaams. i'll comment when i have time. i hope you remember my life does not revolve around this issue.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:19 pm Reply with quote
argobari

Dear Melasay.
We all have our own life to live, our family to take care of, but you always seem to have time for these issues, I don't understand the silence this time. Perhabs a little embarresed by the UWH's memo to HSCF?
For some reason I missed this memo on the UWH's collection of memos on their web site or it was kept secret. I think we all can draw conclusion from these memos.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:45 pm Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

argobari wrote:
Dear Melasay.
We all have our own life to live, our family to take care of, but you always seem to have time for these issues, I don't understand the silence this time. Perhabs a little embarresed by the UWH's memo to HSCF?
For some reason I missed this memo on the UWH's collection of memos on their web site or it was kept secret. I think we all can draw conclusion from these memos.

Dear Argobari...

This is a bizzare thing. I have not read the letters from neither UWH, nor HSCF executive committee since i am busy. I will respond when i have time, which part don't you understand? Rolling Eyes

So please don't make faulty assumptions. You will hear from me when i am ready Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:51 am Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

argobari wrote:
Dear Melasay.

Argobari,

I just finished reading the UWH's letter to HSCF. I didn't find anything embarrassing about it. Can you point out what you think is embarrassing about it?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:50 pm Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

argobari wrote:
Dear Melasay.

greetings argobari... waiting for your reply.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:29 am Reply with quote
ahaa
Site Admin

argoberi wrote:
If you read the UWH's memo and you find nothing wrong with it, then you are not seeing things as they are. I wish I had the time to point out to you what is wrong with this memo, but I can not make you see things that deliberately miss. Like you said, my life does not revolve around this issue only so untill you keep unbiased judgment on things, you and I have no further discussion.

Poor argobery. You are the one who said the uwh memo is embarsment. and melasay didn't found any embarsment on the momo. If you are man with logical approach at least point for him what you saw. I am sure you are embaressed becaouse there is no wrong with uwh memo exept the truth. not like the hscf memo full of lie and they deleberatly want to dismentle harari communities.

malasay.com Forum Index » Harari Sports & Cultural Show